Andrea "Ande" Hambüchen (Hahm-boo-shyen)
My lifelong passion for design, beauty and craftmanship, has led me down distinct but related artistic paths-- design, costume design, makeup and the world of drapery.
Since my early years in Cologne (Germany), California, then Paris and Barcelona, my multicultural vision brought forth a spirited and unconventional design aesthetic which would blossom fully during my seventeen years in NYC, and eleven years in Santa Fe. I call many places my home, currently Hawaii and New Mexico.
My passion for leather and the artisanal touch led me to the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC where I created exquisite, playful and original handbags, jewelry, footwear and other leather goods.
I was awarded the Kenneth Cole Footwear Scholarship for my experimental and ingenious designs. I further enhanced my creative vision by studying photography at the Center for the Media Arts in NYC.
As an editor for German magazines, I worked and was inspired by known fashion photographers in NYC. That's the time when my love for what I have come to call “makeup art” began to develop.
My travels through Europe, South America, the Caribbean and Asia inspired chic and culturally unexpected views and designs. My wealth of experiences makes me a natural for the vibrant and unique movie industry, where I have worked for the past eleven years. My credits include Breaking Bad, The Lone Ranger, Better Call Saul, Crash, Jurassic World and many more….
Ande has amassed a diverse and certainly odd & goofy roster of experiences:
- Graduate of the Arizona Cowboy College
- Bungee jumped off the Manhattan bridge in NYC in the middle of the night and successfully avoided getting arrested
- As a young teenager sailed with her dad from Belgium to England on their boat. At the stern by herself in fog and choppy waters while her dad is napping in cabin below
- Rode ponies bareback as a four year old
- As an 11 year old‘outfished’ all the Men on board a deep sea fishing trip off the coast off Ireland