Andrea "Ande" Hambüchen (Hahm-boo-shyen)
My lifelong passion for design and beauty has led me down two distinct, but related artistic paths, design and makeup.
Since my early professional years in Cologne (Germany), California, then Paris and Barcelona, my multicultural vision brought forth a spirited and unconventional design aesthetic which would blossom fully during my seventeen years in NYC, and eleven years in Santa Fe. I call many places my home, currently Hawaii and New Mexico.
My passion for leather and the artisanal touch led me to the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC where I created exquisite, playful and original handbags, jewelry, footwear and other leather goods.
I was awarded the Kenneth Cole Footwear Scholarship for my experimental and ingenious designs. I further enhanced my creative vision by studying photography at the Center for the Media Arts in NYC.
As an editor for German magazines, I worked and was inspired by known fashion photographers in NYC. That's the time when my love for what I have come to call “makeup art” began to develop. I developed a passion for using makeup on the body instead of paint on a canvas.
My endless travels through Europe, South America, the Caribbean and Asia inspired chic and culturally unexpected views and designs. My wealth of experiences makes me a natural for the vibrant and unique New Mexico movie industry, where I have worked (among other places) for the past nine years. My credits include Breaking Bad, The Lone Ranger, Better Call Saul, Crash, Love Ranch and many more….
I exquisitely enjoy collaborations with photographers on beauty and editorial projects; I love the aesthetics of glamour shoots, weddings, and other occasions that call for an amplified expression of the art of human beauty and individuality.
While the worlds of the movies and makeup might seem worlds apart to some, I see them both as expressions of my own artistic sensibilities, and as part of my personal mission to create joy and beauty in the universe.
Ande has amassed a diverse and certainly odd & goofy roster of experiences:
- Graduate of the Arizona Cowboy College
- Bungee jumped off the Manhattan bridge in NYC in the middle of the night and successfully avoided getting arrested
- As a young teenager sailed with her dad from Belgium to England on their boat. At the stern by herself in fog and choppy waters while her dad is napping in cabin below
- Rode ponies bareback as a four year old
- As an 11 year old ‘outfished’ all the Men on board a deep sea fishing trip off the coast off Ireland
- Is studying East Indian Temple Dance and Hindi
- Reiki Practitioner
- and of course loves Social Media!
My logo on it's journey...